Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Our new foreign Service Blog

Welcome to our life as it expands with our journey into the Foreign Service. I accepted a position as a consular officer on July 15, 2011. Training will start on 9/12/11. In the meantime there is endless paperwork and of course the big move from Hawaii to DC and points beyond.
I took and passed the Written FSO test back in October 2010. Shortly after that I sent in the Essays which I also passed. The Oral Exam was in DC on March 8, 2011. I managed not only to pass, but with a great score of 5.8. The next month was a flurry of activity with medical clearances for the family and my background check. I was placed on the consular register on May 26 and passed the Armenian language test on June 23, landing me a 5.97 and the #2 spot. The invitation for the September 12, 2011 FSO class came the following week.
My spouse M and nine year old son E as well as mother-in-law K are all excited as well. Stay tuned for regular updates.......

No comments:

Post a Comment